READING CLASSICS are aimed specifically at non-native speakers of English who wish to improve their language skills by analysing major novels, short stories and plays. Each volume guides the reader towards comprehension and appreciation of the literary work. The series is aimed at upper intermediate and advanced level students of English (CEFR C1/C2).
- extensive introduction placing the author and his/her work into context
- in-depth bibliography providing a springboard for further study
- detailed chronology giving a complete view of the author's life and works
- wide variety of activities encouraging response to the text and aiding language acquisition
- numerous footnotes with phonetic transcriptions of some difficult words
- dramatised recording of selected extracts by native speakers in American or British English
- Teacher's Book online
Unable to find what you want? Try our advanced search facility.
Still unable to find what you want? Why not submit a query to our bibliographical search facility?
For stock and delivery information regarding our titles, please refer to the individual title page.